Alicia Mayer will host the inaugural Film Preservation and Restoration Summit as a Google+ Hangout on Air, with a panel of esteemed experts on the topic, who will showcase the delicate, rare and valuable films they are seeking to preserve and restore. The goal of this free event is simple: to increase public awareness of this vital element of our cultural heritage.
The event will be streamed live ON SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2nd AT 3PM PST (two hours from now.)
Click here to go to the event page to watch the program – the video will go live at the appointed time.
NEWSFLASH: The following guests are now confirmed:
- Jan-Christopher Horak, director of UCLA Film & Television Archive; Academy Film Scholar; author of numerous books, including Saul Bass: Anatomy of Film Design
- Theodore E. Gluck, director, Library Restoration and Preservation, The Walt Disney Studios
- Ron Hutchinson, leader of the Vitaphone Project
- Ned Thanhouser, president at Thanhouser Company Film Preservation, Inc.
- Elena Rossi-Snook: archivist, Reserve Film and Video Collection, The New York Public Library; board member, Association of Moving Image Archivists; chair, AMIA Film Advocacy Task Force
- Dino Everett, archivist, Hugh M. Hefner Moving Image Archive at the University of Southern California.